At Apnea & Breathing Clinic, Dr. Bennett will review the mechanisms of snoring and sleep apnea, dentition, TMJ & if indicated choose the proper oral appliance design. He will also review the limitations, benefits, and reasonable expectations of using a mandibular repositioning device. We pride in working your treating physician(s) throughout your Oral Appliance Therapy.
Sleep. Dream. Thrive.
The easiest way to prevent these serious medical conditions and get quality sleep is to treat your sleep breathing disorder. Dental appliance therapy might be a good treatment option for you! A dental appliance is custom made to position your jaw slightly forward, obtaining an open airway while you sleep. Allow Apnea & Breathing Clinic specialists to fit you with the perfect dental appliance to treat your apnea.
Easy • Comfortable • Effective
What to Expect
- Upon receiving your referral, we will be contacting you to schedule your consultation, which is approximately a 1hour appointment. You have the option to schedule at our San Diego Clinic or Carlsbad Clinic.
- During your first visit, Dr. Bennett will review your sleep study, medical history and conduct an evaluation to identify if you are a candidate for oral appliance therapy, select the design of your custom oral appliance, and review your insurance coverage and treatment plan.
- Upon treatment acceptance, we will scan your teeth for custom models and take your bite position for your custom oral appliance. At that time, pending insurance requirements (some insurances require pre-authorization) you will be scheduled for delivery of your custom oral appliance, in approximately two weeks.
- Your delivery appointment is a 30-minute appointment to ensure proper fit and review the wear and care instructions for the custom oral appliance.
- Follow-up visits are done via telemedicine unless there is something that must be adjusted on your appliance (this is rare).
- Once you’ve reached maximum improvement, you will be referred back to your Doctor for an efficacy sleep study with the oral appliance in. Upon confirmation of successful treatment, you will be placed on a yearly recall via telemedicine
Common use for Oral Appliance Therapy (OAT):
- Preferred Daily Treatment for OSA
- For Travel-Use Only
- Combination Therapy – CPAP & dental device
- Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) now recommends oral appliances like those listed below as a front line of treatment for snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnea, and in cases where CPAP has not been tolerated.
3D PRINTED SLEEP APNEA DEVICE
The next generation of digital sleep apnea devices that utilizes the latest 3D printing technology to provide patients with:
Smallest, least invasive and strongest device on the market.
Flexible and resistant to severe bruxing.
CAD/CAM SLEEP APNEA DEVICE
Comfortable Profile: The only OSA device made from control-cured PMMA, MicrO2 is compact without compromising durability or retention.
Easy Adjustment: Featuring an adjustment method similar to changing aligners, MicrO2 has a one-piece construction with no moving parts.
Oravan Herbst: Oravan Herbst is FDA cleared and PDAC MEDICARE APPROVED.
The upper and lower pieces are connected with Herbst telescopic hardware, allowing for easy lateral and vertical movement.
This is often beneficial for those patients that brux or grind their teeth while sleeping.
EMA: Myerson increases airway space by advancing the mandible using interchangeable elastic straps.
EMA elastic straps come in 9 different lengths, and 4 different strengths.